Friday, August 7, 2009

The injury list

I'm hoping I don't need to add to this in the future.

Anyone who knows us is aware that we always incur an injury whenever we travel. A sprained ankle, a broken shoulder, cracked rib, it always happens.

Now we can add injuries incurred in the attic.

Me: Sprained wrist
Michael: Concussion.

Mike was hanging a piece of wood. He tightened the first screw, and, ala the Three Stooges, the board swung around really fast and nailed him in the head. He actually fell back, but then continued working.

Cut to the next day, and had he told me this right away, a trip to the hospital would have certainly happened. He was still feeling a bit out of it, but he said he began to feel better in the afternoon.

My mom threatened to drive to Chicago to drag him to the hospital if I didn't take him, but, after looking online at the symptoms, and making him talk and tell me stories to check for slurred speech and delay time, I was pretty convinced that he would be ok.

Last night, there was no work on the attic, as I prescribed rest and relaxation.

Today Lollapalooza starts. Forecast for the weekend? Thunderous downpours, and heat upwards of 98 degrees with a heat index at 107.

We're thinking of skipping most of the afternoon to try to let the afternoon rain and heat pass.
Today's band's to checkout:
STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9
Thievery Corporation
Andrew Bird
Depeche Mode

Although, I must say we're really looking forward to Sunday's lineup. Seems to be the best day.
Neko Case vs Vampire Weekend? May be a tossup, but will try to catch a bit of both.
Still struggling with Lou Reed vs Snoop Dog. I'm thinking Snoop Dog will win out, as he'll put on more of a crazy show.
The Killers vs Janes Addiction? Easy. JA wins. I've seen the Killers 3x.

Hopefully no injuries this weekend. 5 years running, no injuries at Lolla (KNOCK ON WOOD).


2 comments:

Mark said...

Okay, the only injuries should be to the camera - wait where is the camera?

But your choices? Seriously if we were there we would kick you - Lou Reed always beets Snoop. Send someone to record him, is it live or Memorex, yeah nobody cares - but to see Lou Reed live? Do it.

I agree on the Killers. Bring lots of water, tonic, and vodka - oh, and bring your phone....

heather said...

Well, I must say I'm glad you're not here, as a kick would be considered an injury.

Ok, we discussed it over breakfast and Snoop is out, Reed is in. There, are you happy?

The camera and phone are happily in a ziplock waterproof baggy. I won't call during Lou Reed, as that would be 8am your time, a tad too early, but you may get some Depeche Mode for your enjoyment.