Thursday, October 23, 2008

What? We have to mow the lawn?!

After taking ownership in late August, I guess we can consider ourselves lucky that the grass didn't grow too quickly. But each weekend, we did tend to notice it getting a little taller, a little more weedy, until we couldn't see our ankles, and I'm sure we had quite a bit of wildlife setting up for the winter.

One weekend we picked up a Craftsman lawnmower for $20 at a garage sale. Did I mention it doesn't work? "I can fix it" said Mike, and I've quickly been learning he can fix anything... (if only we had the time). Next weekend... should we take the lawnmower in to get fixed? We don't have time to work on it. "I can fix it, it's just the carburetor". A couple weeks go by...


Sweetheart, I'm beginning to have nightmares of the weeds attacking me as I walk to the garage... and that's when the Crafty Beaver comes in handy - they rent lawnmowers for $15 a day.

So, now that it's in the 50's and getting colder every day, we only had to mow once this year. joy.

No comments: