Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Executive Decisions...

Well, today I made an executive decision. Since Michael was at work, and we were unable to hold a bungalow meeting, I made the decision to hire a landscaping service.

This Sunday, Cat came over to once again help us rake up all the leaves. OK, she did all the raking (she claimed she wanted the exercise, yes, she's nuts! But seriously, THANK YOU!) but after 5 hours, with only 1/4 of the leaves bagged, and piles of leaves still laying around, and as the temperature dipped in the low 30's, and the snow began to fall, I realized these leaves were going to be in piles for a long long time.

Today I was watching the landscapers work on our neighbors lawns, cleaning up all the leaves, plus doing the gutters, and I decided to venture outside in the freezing cold to inquire about their rates.

Wow. Way cheaper than I could have imagined. Hence, the executive decision.

So, now our gutters are fresh and clean, which is a good thing since we don't have a ladder big enough to reach the damn gutters, and those piles and piles of leaves are history. And we're no longer the sore spot on the block.

All in all, I'd say it was a job well done.

No comments: