Sunday, December 28, 2008

Crapola

Got a new tune in my head.... I fought the water and the water won.... I fought the water and the.... water won.

Blah.

After the last post, Michael went back to HD 3 more times. The auto switch for the pump didn't work out, and they didn't have anything else that would work. We did go ahead and rig up a system we thought would work, I'm not posting it here since it "may" officially be a no-no... and we monitored the situation for about 2 1/2 hours. It seemed like it was working fine, and my idea was to take a nap for ONLY 45 minutes then check it again. So, I set the alarm for 45 min, came down, and there was water everywhere. We're now back on shifts. I still proclaim the fact that if either one of us was down here, we wouldn't have noticed until it was too late, since the water came from a totally different part of the basement. We would have still been in the laundry room, thinking we were fine. But, we're not fine, and again, I'm up at 1:30. And, I guess this one is kind of my fault. Again, blah.

One cool thing, Mike did build a new route to get the sump water to bypass the cracked drainage tile. It's temporary, but a lot better than what we were dealing with before.

And, the rain has officially changed to snow, so things may be looking up for us.

No comments: