Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Project #29

Last night, we picked up my car from Firestone. Other than the 2 new tires, it's basically in the same shape as when I brought it in. They may have made the steering wheel a little worse, but they swear the car is aligned straight. I'm tired of fighting, so I'm letting it be. At least the window is in, and the door locks work.

After that, we stopped over at the Home Depot since we found our 10% coupon. We bought the Watchdog Sump Pump backup system. I have no idea when we're going to attempt this install, but it's going to be pretty soon. Once it warms up, there is going to be a ton of water, with all this melted snow. Speaking of which, there's currently a blizzard outside. Since Michael is working late, I may attempt using the snow blower myself.

So, I'm going to have to assume the Chimney guys are going to cancel today. It's pretty windy, and I can't see them climbing on the roof in this weather. Oh, and besides, the chimney cap is currently frozen to the sidewalk. Michael told me to put it in the garage weeks ago, before the snow, but did I listen? Nope. I figured, hell - the thing sits outside when it's on the roof, why put it inside now? Yea, I should have listened...

No comments: